Custom Accounting Solutions

Family law attorney Coral Springs

Family law attorney Coral Springs

Scott J. Brook is a leading family law attorney in Coral Springs with several years of experience in resolving legal issues. Our attorney offers excellent family court representation and possesses exceptional communication and negotiation skills.

Do I need an attorney for the divorce agreement?

A divorce settlement agreement is a document that helps memorialize any agreements reached between divorcing spouses. This document includes details of child custody, child support, alimony, division of property, etc. It is critical to get a lawyer to prepare your divorce agreement to make sure that you do not lose your rights. If your spouse's attorney prepares the agreement, you should still hire an attorney to review, add, delete, or correct important legal provisions.

Phrases like "sole legal custody," "timely indemnify and hold harmless," "exclusive possession," etc., have important meanings, and, without a lawyer's assistance, there is a good chance for you to miss out on important problems in the proposed agreement. It is also possible for you to find the legal jargon confusing. Missing out to read the document thoroughly, or failing to mention important clauses in it can cause you to lose important rights. By paying a small fee for the lawyer, you can save yourself from paying a larger price to rectify a blunder mistake in the future.

Who will get the house in a Florida divorce?

While the court doesn't usually order the couple to split a marital home, there are chances for a judge to award the home to one spouse. However, the spouse that gets the house should buy out the other spouse's share of the home. On the other hand, a judge may also order the couple to sell the home and divide the proceeds equally between them. In certain cases, a judge may allow one of the spouses to live in a marital home temporarily if it seems like a fair resolution.

A Judge will provide special consideration to the children still in school before deciding on who gets the house. The custodial parent is more likely to get the house in a divorce case, as it would provide the children with a stable living arrangement. Seeking the help of a family law attorney in Coral Springs can help you negotiate property issues with your spouse.

What is a no-fault divorce?

In Florida, you do not have to prove to the court that your spouse engaged in misconduct to get a divorce. You can simply state in your petition for dissolution that the marriage doesn't work anymore. However, remember that before the judge decides on matters like child custody, alimony, or property division, he/she may consider either of the spouses' misconduct in a marriage and then make an award.

Schedule a consultation with Scott J. Brook by calling us at (954) 757- or visit for more information. As a preeminent Family law attorney in Coral Springs, Scott has helped over hundreds of his clients resolve family disputes, divorce cases, and child custody issues with minimal impact on the children involved in the litigation.

Family law attorney Coral Springs
Scott J. Brook, P.A.
Family law attorney Coral Springs
2856 N. University Drive
Coral Springs FL 33065 US

View Larger Map

We welcome your comments!

Family law attorney Coral Springs

What We Value


There is no greater currency than that of trust.

Giving Back

Give until it hurts and be community focused.


Honor transparency and take time to listen.


Encourage each other and learn to be a good listener.


Embrace and plan in advance for client hospitality.

Let’s Connect

We would love to speak with you!

Provide us a little information using the form below and we will reach out to you.

Email –

Phone – (904) 515-5106

Fax – (443) 584-0061

Florida Office
75 King Street, Suite 227
St. Augustine, FL

Maryland Office
1997 Annapolis Exchange Pkwy, Suite 300
Annapolis, MD